I received my Soul Wars box from Element Games the first week of July. The timing was perfect, the coming summer holidays would offer me plenty of time to work on this project. Although the weather is stil quite mild here, autumn is waiting around the corner I thought it would be nice to bring you all an update on this project.
What I usually do with this kind of projects is to tackle the big groups of rank & file miniatures first. In this box set this means the Nighthaunt Chainrasp Horde, which consists of 20 miniature. I decided to work on them in two batches of 10. I made mistake during assembly so I ended up with two Dreadwardens instead of one as described in the manual (this is the figure with the candles). But I don’t mind since these are very cool models
I managed to assemble and paint one batch quite quickly. After that I focused on assembling and priming the other 10 Chainrasps, a batch of 5 Glaivewraith Stalkers and the 4 Grimghast Reapers. This would give me enough material to paint during my holidays During the painting of the Nighthaunts I also spent quite some time assembling most of the box set. As a result, today only the mounted characters are left to do .
So I did quite some work at that point, but I decided to switch to some Stormcast Eternals before starting the Grimghast Reapers, simply not to get bored-out with all the black and turquoise. They are larger models with a lot more detail so take up a lot more time to paint.
You can see the results below. I’m not sure what I will do after this, maybe another switch to Nighthaunts. But at the same time I really need to start working on the Middle Earth box set which was released earlier this month, but that is a topic for another blog post
Hello all! I am making another return to painting Infinity, again as a commission. The customer wanted to have a neon green with black color scheme. At first I wasn’t all too convinced of painting the underlying hexes/chainmail material this way, but I’m glad I did, I think it looks great!
This first model is 90% done. I painted it first as a test model. After this we decided to continue with this color scheme.
There are five other models in this batch. I painted the green on all of them, and I am now proceeding with cleaning up the black armor, this one is the first one which on which I can continue the work on the armor: